Thursday, February 23, 2012

Flip Book Animation Project

Erin - Good use of color and lots of white space.. very minimalistic approach given the amount of space on each page of the book but that could be intentional.

Christopher - The story is a bit abstract (on purpose?); very clean animation

Maria - I enjoyed the green swirl of grass, good usage of color

Brian - Halloween aspect was neat, and the Radio coming to life was creative

Juan - Coolest part for me was the football morphing into an eyeball

Sabrina - I especially enjoyed the water bucket animation near the end (or was that the beginning?)

Cody - I thought it pretty inventive/smart to place your animation sketches on the edges of the pages to make it easier for flipping, I also liked how the animation was telling the story of the book it was drawn on

Kimberly - Similar to Maria's green grass swirl; abstract storyline?

Arielle - I saw lots of heart animations for the project but yours seemed to stick out .. very minimalistic

Michelle - Love the whale, good storytelling

Megan - Enjoyed the lego block movement, animation was very clean and well timed, lines lined up well from one page to another; would recommend using a pen or something fast to draw with so you don't kill yourself :)

Nakota - Another colorful one, good storytelling

Myself - I had a difficult time focusing on a concept long enough to make it an animation that worked... mine was more like a collection of quick, morphing sketches.. although I did attempt to fill the pages, making use of the dimensions at times it proved a daunting process and one I rather did not enjoy mainly due to the level of personal stress I was experiencing simultaneously.. I suppose that isn't a valid excuse but I know I could have produced better results for this project. I also tried to break out of my designer shell so to speak and draw in a style I normally wouldn't (I'm usually much too focused on realism and achieving "perfection").

No comments:

Post a Comment